CM/ECF Help Desk (866) 463-4052
- CM/ECF is compatible with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 7.x and 8.x and Mozilla Firefox.
- The District of Montana now provides Electronic Case Filing (ECF) training through electronic learning modules (ELMs) allowing attorneys to fulfill the training requirements of the District from the convenience of their own computers. If you are already a registered user, viewing the ELMs is not required. However, we encourage e-filing attorneys, as well as support staff, to view the modules in order to remain proficient ECF users. Please see Training & Manuals below for the available ELMs.
- IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that pursuant to Local Rule 1.4(c)(5), in cases in with Judge Richard Cebull is the presiding Judge, the parties shall submit a paper copy of all filings in excess of twenty (20) pages to Judge Richard Cebull's chambers. By "filings", the Court means any combination of a motion, brief in support, attachments or exhibits that when taken together exceed twenty (20) pages. This applies to both civil and criminal cases. All documents filed pursuant to a motion for summary judgment in civil cases are subject to this requirement.
- All attorneys filing in the District of Montana are required to register to use CM/ECF. Use the Motion by Attorney to file Conventionally to show cause why electronic filing is not possible for you.
- As a result of the CM/ECF upgrade, certain nature of suit codes were eliminated and new nature of suit codes added. Additionally, a new civil cover sheet is required.
- Internet Explorer 7.x or 8.x, and Mozilla Firefox (Notice: Internet Explorer 9 and 10 are not supported browsers with ECF)
- Flashplayer 8 or higher
- Headphones or speakers connected to the PC
- When prompted, select "Save" to save the ELM to local PC and run from there.For help with any of the modules, please contact Linda Mitchell at (406) 454-7811 or Coleen Hanley at (406) 542-7263.
- Introduction (PDF)
- Filing in a Shell Case
- Answer to Complaint
- Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- Motion to Compel
- Brief in Support of Motion to Compel
- Response to Motion
- Motion for Extension of Time
- Maintain Your Account
- Quiz* (Please use Internet Explorer when taking the Quiz. Other browsers are not allowing the results to be printed.)
1. Administrative Procedures Manual (PDF)
2. Administrative Procedures Manual Form A - WP PDF
A docketing standard requiring PDF/A formatting will be implemented in the next year for filing PDF case documents with the Federal Courts. Although it is not currently required, it is suggested that all interested parties begin using the PDF/A format when filing documents through CM/ECF.
PDF/A is an Archival file format which preserves the visual appearance of a document over time, independent of the tools and systems used to create or store the file. PDF/A files are self-contained. All of the information (fonts, characters, etc..) required to display a document the same way every time is embedded in the document. This ensures the document can be reproduced far into the future.