During Business Hours (8 am – 5 pm Mountain Time)
- File emergency pleadings using the Emergency Filing event found under Other Documents → Other Filings. These instructions apply when filing a new “emergency case” in shell cases, 1:08-08000, 2:08-08000, 4:08-08000, 6:08-08000 and 9:08-08000.
- After pleadings are electronically filed, the filer must call the clerk’s office to advise the court of the nature of the filing.
- 406-247-7000 for Billings cases;
- 406-497-1279 for Butte cases;
- 406-727-1922 for Great Falls cases;
- 406-441-1355 for Helena cases; or
- 406-542-7260 for Missoula cases.
Outside of Business Hours (5 pm – 8 am Mountain Time)
If the nature of the emergency requires immediate judicial action outside of normal business hours, file the pleading using the Emergency Filing event. Answer “yes” when prompted about the timing of the filing. Emergency filings are monitored periodically 24 hours a day. You will be contacted once the emergency filing has been reviewed.
Please Note: You must use the Emergency Filing event for after-hours notification to work properly.
Emergency Filings by Pro Se Filers