You are here

Central Violations Bureau

How can I pay a ticket?

You can pay by any of the following methods:

  • On-line by using or by visiting the CVB website
  • Telephone by calling CVB at (800) 827-2982, Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Pacific Time; or
  • By mail with a check or money order to:

Central Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 71363
Philadelphia, PA 19176-1363

Make sure to include a location code and the violation number on your payment.

Who do I call to reschedule my hearing date?

If you are going to miss or have missed your scheduled hearing date, please immediately contact the Court at one of the following numbers:  Billings - (406) 247-2304, Great Falls - (406) 454-7814, or Missoula - (406) 542-7270.

Do you offer driving, traffic or defensive driving school in place of the ticket?

No. Please appear on your scheduled court date to make special requests.

I want to contest my ticket in court, but I do not have a court date written on my ticket.

You will be notified by CVB of your court date by mail. You will receive a "Notice to Appear in Court" usually within 4 to 8 weeks from when the ticket was issued.

How can I check the status of a ticket? I received a notice to appear, but I mailed my payment some time ago. Did you receive the payment?

Contact CVB by calling (800) 827-2982. Use option 4 to hear an automated recording using the Voice Case Information System about the status of your ticket or payment.

Where can I find directions to the court?

Click here for courthouse locations in Montana.

Is there more information about CVB?

Yes, at the CVB website or you can call CVB at (800) 827-2982.