How can I pay a ticket?
You can pay by any of the following methods:
Telephone by calling CVB at (800) 827-2982, Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Pacific Time; or
By mail with a check or money order to:
Central Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 780549
San Antonio, TX 78278-0549
Make sure to include a location code and the violation number on your payment.
Who do I call to reschedule my hearing date?
If you are going to miss or have missed your scheduled hearing date, please immediately contact the Court at one of the following numbers: Billings - (406) 247-2304, Great Falls - (406) 454-7814, or Missoula - (406) 542-7270.
Notice to Appear in Helena
1. If you wish to contest the charge you have two options: a. Appear in court for an initial appearance at the above location and time after which a trial date will be set; or b. Call the court at 406-542-7260 prior to the date for the initial appearance stating that you wish to contest the charges. A trial date will be set.
2. Failure to appear in court, or to telephone the court prior to your initial appearance, will result in an arrest warrant being issued.
You will appear before the Court via a live video teleconference connection with Judge DeSoto presiding over the proceedings in Missoula.
3. For your convenience, as an alternative to appearing by video in Helena, you may also appear before Judge DeSoto in person at U.S. Magistrate Court, R.E. Smith Courthouse, 201 E. Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802
Notice to Appear in Billings
1. Upon receipt of this Notice to Appear, please contact the CVB customer service line in Billings, MT at (406) 247-4462 to verify receipt.
2. If you wish to contest the charge, you have two options:
a. Appear in court for an initial appearance at the above location and time after which a trial date will be set; or
b. Call the CVB customer service at (406) 247-4462 prior to the date for the initial appearance stating that you wish to contest the charges. A trial date will be set.
3. Failure to appear in court, or to telephone the court prior to your initial appearance, may result in an arrest warrant being issued.
*Please note, the CVB customer service line is an unstaffed telephone number. Please leave a message and your call will be returned, if necessary.
Do you offer driving, traffic or defensive driving school in place of the ticket?
No. Please appear on your scheduled court date to make special requests.
I want to contest my ticket in court, but I do not have a court date written on my ticket.
You will be notified by CVB of your court date by mail. You will receive a "Notice to Appear in Court" usually within 4 to 8 weeks from when the ticket was issued.
How can I check the status of a ticket? I received a notice to appear, but I mailed my payment some time ago. Did you receive the payment?
Contact CVB by calling (800) 827-2982. Use option 4 to hear an automated recording using the Voice Case Information System about the status of your ticket or payment.
Where can I find directions to the court?
Click here for courthouse locations in Montana.
Is there more information about CVB?
Yes, at the CVB website or you can call CVB at (800) 827-2982.